The South Wales Central Coroner’s Service works closely with the 2 Wish charity. The charity has recently donated a Bereavement Suite to the Coroner’s Service and will provide support at Inquests whenever it is required.
Rhian Mannings, Founder and Chief Executive of the charity explains below the aims of the charity:
2 Wish was established in 2012 to support parents, siblings and other family members affected by the sudden and unexpected death of a child or young adult aged 25 and under.
When a family loses a child or young adult the effects are devastating for all who knew and loved them. It is essential that support is available when required. It is important families know that they are not alone and that the feelings they are experiencing are often normal
The aims of 2 Wish are to raise funds to improve bereavement services in Wales. Emphasis will be on bereavement support for parents after losing their child suddenly and traumatically.
As a charity we aim to:
- Ensure every Emergency Department in Wales has a suitable bereavement suite for bereaved families
- Ensure that bereavement boxes are available for families at each of these hospitals
- Ensure that immediate bereavement support is available for suddenly bereaved families
- Provide a professional counselling service for suddenly bereaved families
- Provide support to individuals who witness the sudden and traumatic death of a child or young adult
- Provide staff support and training
Further information can be found on the 2 Wish website: www.2wish.org